WHAT Talent Experience Capabilities Are Smart Businesses Deploying
WHAT Talent Experience Capabilities To Deploy?
“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”– Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”
“I don’t know,” Alice answered.
“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”
I am often asked “what” Talent Experience capabilities should smart businesses deploy; and I often use the above quote – my earliest strategy learnings. In my opinion, it is very important to have clear vision of where you want your business to be – before deciding on anything else. It is for this reason, previously for a 2019 trend, we analyzed ..
Even though unemployment number drops to record low levels, the need for Talent is sky-rocketing. Smart businesses have now realized that people are their most important assets and a competitive advantage for their vision for business growth. They are now retooling to achieve their fullest business potential by re-imagining their future.
Why smart businesses are not staying put on spreadsheets and siloed legacy HRMS solutions
It is a cruel irony that that spreadsheets and siloed HRMS solutions that once worked well for the startup phase of the businesses – now are staring to curtail and restrict any attempt by the business grow because of:
- Lack of Single Version of Truth: data and time is lost in resolving the confusion of different versions and errors caused due to forced duplication of data for sharing with different stakeholders
- Manual Processes: that cause avoidable errors and inconsistent executions based on variations in skills, experience and knowledge
- Lack of Wing-to-Wing Analytics: that leads to a very siloed view and sub-optimum business performance as each division and department operates in isolation on their specific metrics without sight of the overall vision
The Benefits of Next-Gen Talent Experience Platform Capabilities
These new Talent Experience platform capabilities are designed to:
- help you to attract the best Talent
- accelerate your Talent asset’s onboarding and growth
- enable your Talent assets to collaborate to help achieve your business goals
The Talent Experience Capabilities help smart businesses find the right talent at the right time and exceed industry benchmarks by:
- reducing Time-To-Hire
- reducing Cost-To-Hire
- reducing Time-To-Market
Once smart businesses understand why Talent Experience Platform are so beneficial, the next step is to understand …
WHAT Talent Experience Capabilities To Deploy
Talent Experience Platform provides smart businesses with important Talent Engagement & Empowerment Experience capabilities.
The Talent Engagement and Empowerment capability can be further broken down into key second order capabilities of:
- Digital Talent Management capabilities to strategize the appropriate culture and aligned policies to create a strong brand that helps you to attract, onboard and grow your Talent Assets
- Digital Talent Self-Service capabilities to provide for your Talent’s onboarding & growth through self service Information, Knowledge and Learning systems
- Digital Talent Insights capabilities for actionable decision making that help your Talent to support business Strategies and Outcomes
These Talent Experience Platform capabilities allow smart businesses to:
- Create Superior Employer Brand & Candidate Experiences by connecting their recruiters to the right candidate pools through LinkedIn and ATS integrations, dynamic job postings and branded career portal
- Agile Configurable Collaboration Experiences by creating role specific highly configurable hiring processes (instead of the traditional one complicated process fits all), collaboratively integrate the Candidates, Recruiter, Interview Team and Hiring Manager that reduce Time-To-Hire and Cost-To-Hire
- Dynamic Assessments and Insights through engaging candidate interactions that allow creation of long term strategies, candidate pipelines and reduces the chances of ghosting
In the process of helping accelerate the hiring, onboarding and learning, the Talent Engagement and Empowerment Experience Capabilities increase the potential for revenue growth opportunities through:
- accelerated product innovation with an engaged talent force
- engaging customer experiences with an empowered talent force
- optimized operational efficiencies and reduced OpEx with automated HR processes, compliance, analytics and alignment with strategic initiatives
This is what smart businesses are now rapidly deploying for Talent Experience Capabilities – and in the process creating a competitive edge.
3 Actionable steps to Strategize, Assess and Plan your Talent Experience Capabilities
Now that we have discussed the 3 key Talent Experience Capabilities, let’s discuss how to create a proactive action plan to deploy them to help you grow your business.
Our successful Talent SnapStart © methodology recommends this 3 step approach :
- Strategize Desired-state Talent Experience capabilities aligned with your vision for Business Growth
- Assess Current-state maturity of your present day Talent Experience capabilities
- Plan SnapStart Approach and Roadmap that allows you to stop bleeding – and create an actionable plan to deploy your robust Talent Experience Platform with specific capabilities fine-tuned for and aligned with the needs of your business growth
The insight that we learnt above from Cheshire the cat; helps us first strategize the desired-state (where we want to go) and assess our current-state (where we currently are). That allows us to plan what roads to take.
In this article, we have discussed What Talent Experience Capabilities smart businesses are quickly deploying to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace. Now the key question is – will you?
If you need more help; please feel free to contact me: email@example.com. I will be happy to understand your specific business needs and share my experiences to help you succeed.